Returning "home" has not been what I expected. For the first time I feel like I am seeing it through the eyes of a foreigner. Everything is so familiar, but it all feels kind of wrong and not really like home. Every morning so far I have woken up feeling homesick and wanting to return to Santa Barbara. It was a strange feeling to suddenly realize that I have found a new home, Japan was my home for so many years, but now Santa Barbara is home. We'll just have to see if this will feel more like home again after living here.
Right now I am living alone in the apartment of a teacher at the school who is in the states for 6 months. It is strange to live alone. I have never really done it before and since I grew up in such a big family it is kind of hard to be here alone. I never even had my own room until about 6 months ago, so living alone is pretty crazy. Thankfully school is starting soon, so then I will be busy and maybe I will appreciate the alone time more.
This year I will be co-teaching 1st grade with Julie Johnson at CAJ and what is crazy is that Julie and I went to CAJ together and were in the same class! The picture on the left is of us when we were in 1st grade together! And the one on the right is one that we took just today in our new classroom. It is pretty amazing how God works :) Who knew that some day we would be teaching first grade together? We are both pretty excited but also very nervous as we start our first year of teaching together. We would greatly appreciate your prayers as we start out this year on Wednesday!
So exciting! I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteKelsey,
ReplyDeleteThanks for creating this blog as we look forward to hearing about your first year of teaching. We are confident that you'll do a wonderful job.
Blessings upon you,
Dr. Wilson
Wow! God truly is amazing! Teaching 1st grade with your buddy from 1st grade! I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting Kelsey. We pray for you every day! How fun for you to go full circle with this return to CAJ. I know the kids are in for a treat this year. Love always ~dad
ReplyDelete